Our volunteers are a vital component to making a variety of programs available to our Club members. The time that our volunteers donate to our Clubs is precious; with every volunteer comes the chance for our kids to gain a different perspective.
For those 19 years and older
If you are interested in volunteering follow the link below to complete the application.
1. Follow this link and apply online: Volunteer Application Form
2. Within two business days, the Volunteer Manager will call and ask a few questions about your interests, skills and availability. She will also conduct a one-time trial visit to the Club of your choice so you can see what volunteering looks like first hand.
3. Fill out the disclosure forms for us to run two background checks;
- Washington State Patrol (WATCH)
- TalentWise Sex-Offender Registry Check/National Criminal Check
4. Attend the next Volunteer Orientation / Information Session:
- In person orientation and information sessions when applicable
- Conference call orientations can also be conducted for maximum flexibility
- Contact the Volunteer Manager
5. Watch an interactive video about keeping Club kids safe (Takes 30 minutes)
Following these steps, you will have a chance to tour the Club of your interest, turn in your signed forms, and set up a day to start having a BLAST as a Boys & Girls Club Volunteer!
Junior Staff Volunteer Opportunities
For those 18 years of age and younger
At the Boys & Girls Clubs we encourage community involvement at all ages and levels. Since our Clubs provide programming for youths ages 6-18 we have a minimum age requirement of all volunteers to be 19 and older. For those interested in volunteering who are younger than 19 and still in school please visit one of our local branch locations to discuss our Junior Staff volunteer opportunities. This program is designed to assist in developing leadership skills for Club members and the youth within the surrounding community.
Corporate or One-Time Volunteers
Are you and your co-workers looking to volunteer with an organization in your community? Does your organization do volunteer hour matching? Is your team in the spirit to give back at a fun holiday event or during summer camp festivities? We have many great events and activities to accommodate one-time and corporate opportunities! Just contact our Volunteer Manager!
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
Special Events & Fundraisers
- February: Legacy of HOPE Celebrating our Youth of the Year
- April: Treasure Hunters
- August: Don and Helen Murphy Memorial Golf Tournament
- And many, MANY more opportunities!!!
- Fall: Soccer and Flag Football
- Winter: Basketball and Volleyball
- Spring and Summer: Baseball
Contact: Sarah Stochel (Athletics Manager) at 253-502-4623 or email@example.com.