Our volunteers are a vital component to making a variety of programs available to our Club members. The time that our volunteers donate to our Clubs is precious. With every volunteer comes the chance for our kids to gain a different perspective.
Youth Sports Volunteers
Do you or someone you know have a passion for coaching kids?! We are in need of volunteer coaches for our sports.
Early Spring: Volleyball and Flag-Football
Late Spring: T-Ball, Baseball and Softball
Contact: Melissa Viehouser-McGuire, Athletics Manager at (253) 502-4623 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Event & Fundraiser Volunteers:
February: Legacy of HOPE Celebrating our Youth of the Year
June: Boys & Girls Clubs Week Champion
August: Don and Helen Murphy Memorial Golf Tournament
September: Treasure Hunters
Are you and your co-workers looking to volunteer with an organization in your community? Does your organization do volunteer hour matching? Is your team in the spirit to give back at a fun holiday event or during summer camp festivities? We have many great events and activities to accommodate one-time and corporate opportunities! To get started, please contact Emily Nakada-Alm.
Volunteer Application Process
For those 19 years and older
If you are interested in volunteering follow the links below to complete the application.
2. Within two business days, our volunteer manager will call you and ask a few questions about your interests, skills and availability. She will also conduct a one-time trial visit to the Club of your choice so you can see what volunteering looks like first hand.
3. Fill out the disclosure forms for us to run two background checks;
Washington State Patrol (WATCH)
Alliance2020 Sex-Offender Registry Check/National Criminal Check
4. Watch an interactive video about keeping Club kids safe (Takes 30 minutes)
5. We will send you two final agreement forms to sign and return to us.
6. Attend the next Volunteer Orientation / Information Session:
In person orientation and information sessions when applicable
Conference call orientations can also be conducted for maximum flexibility
Contact the Volunteer Manager
Following these steps, you will have a chance to tour the Club of your interest, turn in your signed forms, and set up a day to start having a BLAST as a Boys & Girls Club Volunteer!